THE HALO SEAL SYSTEM
The Halo Seal is a revolutionary, patented sealing product which delivers low emission technology and high integrity at a cost normally associated with less effective sealing systems.
The HaloSeal is an improved design of Metallic Gasket, based on a German (‘Kammprofile’) design for solid serrated-core gaskets. This design is rated as one of the best performing sealing technologies, due to the extremely tight and stable joint seal that it offers, and is used extensively in Oil Refineries and Petrochemical Plants for applications subject to thermal cycling, pressure variations, flange rotation, stress relaxation and creep.
The HaloSeal has been specifically created to address the issue of fugitive emissions in High-Integrity and Business-Critical applications, with the product suite providing a revolutionary approach to streamlining gasket applications by utilizing a unique two-part sealing system, in an extremely cost-effective manner. The HaloSeal design comprises a unique ‘interchangeable’ Sealing Element paired with a ‘split’ Guide- Ring within a patented two-part design. Due to this intelligent and flexible design, the Capital cost (in comparison to other currently available metallic gaskets) is vastly reduced by the utilizing less material. Maintenance costs are also reduced due to the HaloSeal’s ability to be reconditioned in-situ.
The Halo Seal comprises a sealing element based on Kammprofile technology and a unique, reusable outer ring. This revolutionary feature allows the sealing element to be easily removed and replaced – reducing the life cycle cost considerably and eliminating the dramatic price differential between a Kammprofile and a spiral wound seal.
The product is designed to accept a common sealing element for each pipe size, regardless of pressure class or international flange standard, reducing inventory and minimising the risk of installing the wrong gasket.
Benefits of the Halo Seal
- Improved & simplified design
- Manufactured for all flanges including class 150# to 2500#
- Improved system safety & integrity
- Interchangeable sealing elements
- Optimum combination of solid core with soft sealing face
- Reduced material content
- Lower capital expenditure
- Lower life-cycle costs
- Reduced inventory
- Overall commercial savings
- Configured in standard shapes for heat exchanger application materials
- Standard surface materials of flexible graphite or PTFE
- Low seating stress
- Compensates for fluctuating ranges of temperature and pressures
- Easy to install and effortless to remove
- Maintains a tight seal over a variable range of bolt stresses
- Results in reduced emissions
- The HaloSeal gasket range delivers all of these benefits across ALL international flanges standards, in ALL flange sizes and in ALL flange pressure ranges.
The Halo Seal sealing element is common across all pressure classes and flange standards, reducing inventory and minimising the risk of incorrect gasket installation.
HOW IT WORKS
Halo Seal Assembly Process
HALO FRS Insert
Standard HALO SEAL
HALO FRS-MC (Mica)
HALO FRS-TF (PTFE)
HALO FRS-GP (Graphite)
The revolutionary FRS incorporates additionally a specially constructed insert that is designed to minimise and manage corrosion in new and existing flanged joints.
The Halo Seal comprises a Sealing Element based on Kammprofile technology and a unique, reusable outer ring. This combination provides a more comprehensive and significantly lower cost option than any other currently available Industry alternatives. The product combination is designed to be a common solution for every pipe size, regardless of pressure class or international flange standard, thus reducing inventory and minimising the risk of installing the wrong gasket. Uncontrolled corrosion can cause immense damage to unprotected flange joints and faces; causing premature failure or high levels of fugitive emissions, resulting in a large amount of unwanted cost due to downtime and equipment repair.
The HALO FRS is a patented Corrosion Control & Flange Maintenance System that offers Industry a solution against corrosion. The patented HALO FRS has been designed to virtually eliminate the risk of corrosion in new flange faces and to prevent further damage in corrosion affected flange faces.
The new HALO FRS Insert allows the End-user to adapt his standard HALO Seal into an engineered solution for the control and management of corrosion in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Desalination, Chemical and Process Industries.
The patented HALO FRS has been designed to virtually eliminate the risk of corrosion in new flange faces and to prevent further damage in corrosion affected flange faces.
Halo FRS Seal Advantages & Applications
- Provides a significantly lower cost option than any other Industry alternatives
- Suitable for all pressure classes and international flange standards
- Less leaks and lower fugitive emissions
- Reduced inventory (reduces transport costs to off-shore & remote sites)
- Minimised risk of incorrect gasket installation
- Reusable, less waste with reusable HALO guide ring and re-conditionable sealing core
- Reduced corrosion damage to new equipment extends service life
- Reduced failure rate, downtime & environmental impact through leaks and disposal
- Unlimited shelf life
- Seals extremely well at low loads & high pressures
- FRS insert provides patented double sealing technology